Mommy School Week of 1/22/12

Last week lil' man & I began a more concentrated effort on his "Mommy School."  In case you missed it check out this post (My 3 yr old Drop Out)  to explain what "Mommy School" is and why we are participating.     One of my 12 in 2012 was to create consistent lessons for the lil' man.  Up to this point its been mainly fun and games, and only happening 1 or 2 days a week.  I felt like he needed more.  His constant questioning probably helped push me in that direction, but I didn't have time to really sit down and plan lessons.

So I search the internet until I found what I was looking for...a curriculum based in scripture with sound teaching methods and activities. I purchased the Letters of the Week curriculum from Erica over at Confessions of a Homeschooler.  I love that the package includes lesson plans, bible verses, and helps teach all the basics Wyatt needs to learn in a fun setting that generates PAPERS! (my son needs something to show off after working hard).  The curriculum is geared towards 3-4 year olds just starting their educational journey.  Lil' man has loved the activities and lesson we have done so far.



Do-A-Dot has been one of his favorites.






Plus he really enjoyed apple tasting and making homemade applesauce.




Lil' man is a budding Picasso, so the apple painting was right up his alley.

And counting he loves to help count things...I think this comes from counting cows regularly...for the longest time I didn't know if he would ever count pass 8 (that's the number of cows that go into one milk line at a time).

As we are wrapping up week 1, I began to get things together for next weeks lessons to ensure I was prepared.  Next week our focus letter is the letter B and Erica had butterflies as the focus.  Now I like butterflies well enough but I can promise you my 3 year old hard core cowboy is going to have some issues with studying butterflies ALL week.  So I attempted to make a more cowboy friendly version of LOWC for the letter B.

While I didn't recreate activity (he will have to deal with some butterflies) I did recreate quite a few.  So here you go...my Letters of the Week revamp...B is for Barns & Bulls!! This is my first "Mommy School" creation.  (Please note that while I did create the worksheets myself this is not my original idea.  Erica@ConfessionsofaHomeschooler created the lessons and ideas.  I just recreated her format with clipart I purchased.)

So here is a peek at what the various worksheets look like and at the bottom of this post will be a link so you can download the pdfs.

Coloring pages


Barns & Bulls Alphabet Practice  

Capital & Lowercase Sorting

Sorting pieces (there is a set of capital B's as well in the pdf)


Clip Cards

Counting Practice (you can use clip cards or print a set of number cards here)


How many Bulls? (Bull cards are in pdf.  You can print number cards here)


Lacing Card


Letter disk matching cards



Magnet Page


Capital/Lowercase Matching Puzzle


The complete pdf file includes 27 pages!  I hope you enjoy.  Please be sure to leave a comment and let me know if you like or if there is something I should change.  And remember I don't mind if you share but I spent a lot of time creating these so be sure to give the proper credit.  



Share this:

JOIN CONVERSATION

    Blogger Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment